Register for the Adult and Senior Care Orientations
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties when registering for the Senior Care Application Orientation. Thank you for your patience while we work through this issue.
In order to obtain a license to operate a Residential Care Facility in California you must first attend an Application/Component I Orientation and an Operations and Record Keeping/Component III Orientation. Currently, the Application/Component I Orientations are available in-person and online. The Record Keeping/Component III Orientations are only available at in-person training session.
Computer System Requirements
Please do not use a cell phone, iPad, or tablet to take the orientation. In order to proceed with the orientation registration you need to use a laptop or a computer and provide your email address.
- The orientation fee is $50, plus a processing fee of $4.85 (for a total of $54.85). This fee is non-refundable or transferable.
- The orientation and processing fees are payable by using either a credit card, or a debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo on it.
- Please make sure you register for the correct orientation and register only one time.
- Please email the Online Orientation Help Desk if you have any questions.
Please note: Fees are non-refundable or transferable.
NOTE: You will only have access to the online orientation for 30 days from the time you registered.
After 30 days you will not be able to view the course or retrieve the completed certificate.
Adult Residential Facilities - Application/Component I Orientation
- Register for the Adult Residential Application / Component I Online Orientation
- Return to the Adult Care Application Online Orientation.
Senior Care Orientation – Application/Component I Orientation
- Register for the Senior Care Application / Component I Online Orientation
- Return to the Senior Care Application Online Orientation.
Note: You will only have access to the online orientation for 30 days. Please complete the training within 30 days of registration.
For information on how to register for an in-person orientation, please click on the following link: ASCP In-Person Orientations .
How to become a Certified Administrator
View the information on how to become a Certified Administrator.